Hong Kong District
Cisco Innovation Challenge
Make a better world with technology and innovation
Grasp this never seen great opportunity, and come up with your creative IoT solution to change the world!
IoT technology is expected to ease some of the world's most serious problems.
By 2020, 50 billion objects will be connected to the Internet, creating 1.5 million jobs in the IoT area.
Through "competition to promote learning, education and application”, provide secondary school students with the ability to apply scientific and technological knowledge to solve real-life challenges.
The key goal of the challenge is to help students to build the key skills needed to become an innovator who can:
ACT LIKE A SOCIAL
THINK LIKE AN
CIC Special Features
- Provide professional training and customized IoT course materials developed by Cisco to teachers and students at no cost.
- Adopt IoT as the foundation to resolve real-life issues. Empower the students to become key members in the global village.
- Participating teams will submit their STEM/IoT solutions by virtue of own development pace. Content of submission include: written proposals, demonstration video clips, and group presentations.
- Upon being shortlisted for Phase 2, Cisco, Telstra and Hong Kong Broadband Network will provide mentorship for 2 months to assist each team with technical advice.
- Student will gain first hand advice on STEM's influence in various career paths
- Winning teams will be enrolled in various eye-opening career-related programs through Cisco’s global network.
Choose one themes & design an innovative solution for it
- Better Township - Energy, Water, Transportation, Recycling
- Intelligent Home for Disabled and Elderly people
- Better Health Care
Teams consisting of an instructor and 3-4 student should submit a 2-page concept note and 3-min Youtube Video for Phase 1 & a working IoT prototype for Phase 2
Participants must be registered secondary school student between the age of 13 to 16 (born between 2002 to 2005)
- Trophies, prizes and cash prizes
- School Participation Award &Excellent Teacher Award
- Mentorship (upon qualify into Phase 2)
- Work Experience at Cisco Smart City in Guangzhou
- Internship opportunities at Cisco
CIC Time-line :
- 11th Oct 2018 : Briefing Session
- 23, 26, 27th Oct 2018 : Teachers training
- 15th Nov 2018, 11:59pm Submission of Application, Student Start Learning Compulsory NetAcad course(s)
- Nov - Dec 2018 Industry Information Sessions, Students Training
- 13th Jan 2019, 5pm Submission of Phase 1 Concept Notes Concept Notes & Submission link
- 29th Jan 2019 Announcement of Shortlisted Phase 2 Teams, Mentoring Kick-off, Student Start Learning Compulsory NetAcad course(s)
- 1st Feb 2019, Time：4:00pm ~ 5:30pm Mentorship Programme kick off Session Address：ELCHK Lutheran Secondary School (Yau Ma Tei Waterloo Road)
- 4th May 2019 Showcase of Solutions of Phase 2 and Finals
- Jun - Dec 2019 Career Related Experiences for Winning Teams